Led by the Mayor’s Fund for London, Firm Foundations is a brand-new campaign which aims to create a stronger and more inclusive industry where young Londoners from all backgrounds feel they belong and can flourish.
We’re showing our support by signing up to their Diversity Pledge which is a series of principles to help remove barriers for young people. They include:
- Being clear and transparent on our equity, diversity and inclusion goals and the appointment of champions
- Working in partnership to connect with schools and access a broader talent pool
- Acknowledging that short term investment creates long term benefit.
As part of the Built Environment (BE) industry, who are collaborating on the campaign, we’ve made a commitment to:
- Champion the Diversity Pledge principles
- Implement at least one new action to help drive diversity and inclusion by March 2022
- Encourage relevant stakeholders to sign the Diversity Pledge.
The launch event, which took place on Thursday 14 October, with Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, brought together key movers and shakers to call out the issue and discuss what can be done to achieve industry-wide action.