Daisy Spring Works is an existing mixed-use building, comprising of commercial units at ground floor level and residential units from the first floor through to the seventh floor. A car park is located at basement level.
Baily Garner were appointed as project managers and Quantity Surveyors to deliver the scheme from RIBA stage 1 through to completion at RIBA Stage 6. Baily Garner are also separately appointed at Clerk of Works to oversee the quality of the delivery of the
project. As such we are responsible for the following activities:
– Coordinating the FRAEW (as carried out by Hydrock)
– Coordinating the design phase, production of Specification/ER’s and Planning application (as carried out by DMWR Architects)
– Managing the Tender Process
– Submitting fully costed scope of works to the BSF
– Issuing Contract documents and managing the works under such documentation
The building has been identified as having flammable materials within the external façade as well as a lack of cavity barriers to prevent the spread of smoke and flame within the buildings cavity.
This project is primarily to rectify the fire safety issues identified but is also rectifying water ingress within the building.
One challenge was that this project has partial warranty in place which means that the Building Safety Fund is not the sole source of funds for the remedial works. This has meant that Baily Garner have had to closely monitor and segregate costs for this project between the BSF eligible works and works that the warranty provider will pay for.