It’s what we do every day, and last Friday was no exception when we held our fourth annual Quality Summit.
Held at etc.venues St Paul’s, around 170 colleagues came together to share knowledge and best practice as part of our drive to support the quality in construction agenda.
Every year, we close the office for one day to hold separate events for colleagues in technical and support-based roles, but this year we decided to bring the two together.
The information and activity-packed day covered a wide range of topics. From tools to create successful multidisciplinary working to technical auditing best practice.
We also covered:
- External Wall System (EWS) training
- Review of Building Safety Bill (cladding and fire updates)
- Best practice for Quality Control Inspector (QCI) services
- Real time construction progress management using Fieldview
- Digital capabilities and review of Revit – a Building Information Modeling (BIM) software tool
- Our practical toolkits for achieving net zero for new build via The Future Homes Standard and for existing buildings via retrofit
- PAS 2035 – the new energy efficiency retrofit standard and project examples.
Guest speaker Will Gardner from motive, joined us for the afternoon session to discuss purpose driven businesses and how impactful they can be.
Andy Tookey, Managing Partner said, “I think this has been our best Quality Summit to date! I’m always impressed with the high standard of work we produce but getting to hear about all the initiatives in progress and listening to colleagues speak with authority to guide others, takes us to another level.
“That level of service and quality is what sets us apart. We’ll take all the information shared on the day and use it to help extend our knowledge even further – making sure we’re always building success and delivering quality.”