UPDATE 24 MARCH
As the Covid-19 crisis has been deepening, day by day, we have been carefully reviewing all our operations and putting plans into place to ensure that we are following and complying with all government guidance to keep people safe and reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus infection whilst, at the same time, also ensuring we continue to provide the appropriate service and support to all our clients and construction project partners.
Following the Prime Ministers announcements on Monday 23 March, we would like to update you as follows.
Offices closed from close of business Tuesday 24th March
We are in the position where all our staff have the capability to work from home without any loss of service provision so in the light of the Prime Minister’s announcements on 23 March we will be
- Following government guidance about essential travel and closing all our offices from close of business Tuesday 24th March
- Where sites remain open and the contractor’s policy allows visitors, subject to all Public Health England guidelines being observed and transport being available it is our intention to continue to visit sites to carry out our duties, wherever this is possible
- All our staff have the ability to continue supporting you on all our projects in our customary inter-disciplinary way, accessing all necessary IT software and systems from home, and communicating face to face using video conferencing technology through Microsoft Teams.
- This technology can also be used to keep in contact and host virtual project specific meetings even if meeting participants are not all Microsoft Teams users, so if this will help your project please get in touch with your Baily Garner project contacts
- Telephone calls to the office switchboard numbers will still be monitored and messages managed and forwarded during this closure period but we do recommend that where you need to contact somebody, you use their mobile phone number as the initial means of contact where you know it.
- Senior management are meeting regularly at both strategic and operational levels to ensure that we continue to deal appropriately with all the challenges of managing a business in such unprecedented times.
Continuing to keep you updated
We will continue to update you as clients as events continue to unfold using all available media including social media and further website updates as well as personal communication where this is appropriate. Please stay safe.