- Location: Eltham, South East London
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: competitive
- Deadline: 30/04/2021
Do you have a passion for Sustainability and the Environment, if so we might have the opportunity for you. We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant/Engineer or an individual looking for the next step in their career to join our team in Eltham, London.
The Sustainability Consultant will work in collaboration with colleagues from across the practice, providing expert advice and input on projects at all stages. They will take responsibility for completing packages of work allocated by the Programme Manager and Partners, to be delivered in accordance with Baily Garner’s quality standards, project plans and objectives. This role will have a focus on Energy Modelling, Building Physics, Energy & Sustainability Strategies for both clients in the public and private sectors. The role will involve assisting colleagues and helping them develop.
Key skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Sustainability strategies
- Energy strategies
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER / Elmhurst and IES
- Energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Daylight analysis
- Embodied carbon assessments – not essential but beneficial
- Whole life carbon appraisals – not essential but beneficial
- Circular economy strategies and low carbon materials – not essential but beneficial BREEAM, WELL AP – not essential but beneficial
Successful candidates will ideally:
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have practical experience with building modelling (e.g. FSAP/IES)
- Have experience using IES
- Have a good standard of knowledge of energy-efficient building design
- Must be Qualified NDEA/Low Carbon Consultant and OCDEA
Baily Garner is a modern Multi-disciplinary Consultancy, with collaborative innovation at the heart of what we do. We offer a competitive starting salary, along with an excellent benefits package, and professional progression opportunities as we look to expand the London team. This is a full-time position however we would consider part-time applications.
If you are interested in joining our friendly and professional team please apply with CV and covering letter/email detailing why you believe you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baily Garner LLP are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual