Quality Control Inspector/Clerk of Works
- Location: London
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: 31/01/2018
We are seeking a keen and driven person to join our growing Quality Control/Clerk of Works team in our London office. The successful candidate should:
- Hold a construction related qualification such as NVQ, HNC, HND, C&Gs or equivalent. Should ideally be a member of the Institute of Clerk of Works and or Chartered Institute of Building (not essential).
- Be familiar with contractual requirements of the Clerk of Works, Quality Control Inspector and the procedure and processes required of them within construction and contract. Working knowledge and understanding of the JCT suite of contracts and NEC3.
- An understanding of current NHBC standards, Building Regulations and methods of construction, concrete and timber frame, traditional and modern methods of construction.
- Understanding of the requirements for CML and Testing and commissioning.
- Have knowledge of Low and High Rise residential construction.
- Competent IT skills – Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Digital Dictation.
- A focus and passion for quality and keen interest in learning, keeping up to date with industry standards, improvements and developments are key attributes.
- Ability to monitor and record progress against programme and identify delays.
- Able to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources to support decision making.
- In addition to technical expertise you can demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with clients, contractors and colleagues.
- Confident to review, challenge and audit design.
- Significant and proven experience of construction, both theoretical and practical.
- Hold a full driving licence and access to own vehicle for business use.
If you are interested in joining our friendly and professional team please apply with CV and covering letter detailing your current salary, your expectations and why you believe you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org