Intermediate Sustainability Consultant
- Location: London & Birmingham
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: competitive
- Deadline: 22/07/2022
Do you have a passion for Sustainability and the Environment? If so, we might have the opportunity for you. We are looking for an Intermediate Sustainability Consultant/Engineer or an individual looking for the next step in their career to join our teams in either Birmingham or Eltham, London.
The Sustainability Consultant will work in collaboration with colleagues from across the practice, assisting the assessment and design process by carrying out site visits, internal and external presentations and meetings. This role will have a focus on Energy Modelling, Building Physics, Energy & Sustainability Strategies for both clients in the public and private sectors. Undertaking Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) calculations for housing and Standard Building Energy Method (SBEM) for non-housing. Supporting Senior Engineers in the design and delivery of projects delivered in accordance with Baily Garner’s quality standards, project plans and objectives. Building 3D models in appropriate software (IES) and undertaking dynamic thermal modelling.
This role requires you to be DBS checked at an enhanced level and to obtain police vetting. These applications will be made by Baily Garner once a job offer has been accepted.
n.b. The Police vetting process requires you to have been permanently resident in the UK for 3 continuous years (this include UK Nationals)
Key skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Sustainability strategies
- Energy strategies
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Daylight analysis
- Embodied carbon assessments – not essential but beneficial
- Whole life carbon appraisals – not essential but beneficial
- Circular economy strategies and low carbon materials – not essential but beneficial
- BREEAM, WELL AP – not essential but beneficial
Successful candidates will ideally:
- Have experience using IES
- Have a good standard of knowledge of energy-efficient building design
- Have SAP experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent
Baily Garner is a modern Multi-disciplinary Consultancy, with collaborative innovation at the heart of what we do. We offer a competitive starting salary, along with an excellent benefits package, and professional progression opportunities as we look to expand the London team. This is a full-time position however we would consider part-time applications.
If you are interested in joining our friendly and professional team please apply with CV and covering letter/email detailing why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Baily Garner LLP are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual