Quality Control Inspectors (Clerk of Works – London)
- Location: London
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: competitive
- Deadline: 31/05/2019
Baily Garner are a modern Multi-disciplinary Consultancy with collaborative innovation at the heart of what we do.
We are seeking keen and driven people to join our growing Quality Control/Clerk of Works team in our London office. The successful candidates should:
- hold a construction related qualification such as NVQ, HNC, HND, C&Gs or equivalent. Ideally a member of the Institute of Clerk of Works and or Chartered Institute of Building.
- be familiar with contractual requirements of Clerk of Works, Quality Control Inspector and the procedure and processes required within construction and contract. Working knowledge and understanding of JCT suite of contracts and NEC3.
- have an understanding of current NHBC standards, Building Regulations and methods of construction, concrete and timber frame, traditional and modern methods of construction.
- have an understanding of the requirements for CML and Testing and commissioning.
- have knowledge of Low and High Rise residential construction.
- have competent IT skills – Outlook, MS Package, Digital Dictation.
- possess as key attributes
- a focus and passion for quality,
- a keen interest in learning,
- a desire to stay current with industry standards, improvements and developments .
- be able to monitor and record progress against programme, identifying delays.
- be able to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- In addition to technical expertise, demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability to establish credibility, building rapport and effective relationships with clients, contractors and colleagues.
- be confident to review, challenge and audit design.
- have significant proven experience of construction, theoretical and practical.
- hold a full driving licence and access to own vehicle for business use (predominately working in the Essex area).
If you are interested in joining our friendly and professional team please apply with CV and covering letter detailing your expectations and why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
Baily Garner are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.